Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Po Po's 60th Birthday Party




I had a very busy Thanksgiving weekend. Auntie Mollie came from NYC to visit me. She is so much fun and I already miss her terribly. Ahh! the good old days when it was just Auntie M and me.

The weekend started with Thanksgiving dinner at Grand Auntie Rita's house. We had wonderful food and company. The turkey was fantastic!, I personally contest. This was my first time having turkey and I must say I do like this bird! the evening ended early for me but I was beat. Daddy took me home and gave me a bath before tucking me in my crib. Mommy later told me she stayed and played Pictionary with the family. Mommy said uncle Calvin can't draw to save his life. Perhaps he should have teamed up with his sister because mommy's ability to draw isn't any better. Everything drawn by us resembled phallic symbols. Oh well, good fun by all.

On Friday, mommy and I went to visit Naomi, Lisa and baby Selena. Auntie Heather took pictures of all the babies. I have to say all babies cleaned up well. We all worn our Sunday best. We left early because mommy had to start cooking for Po Po's 60th Birthday Party.

Saturday was fun! mom said she cooked all weekend and I agreed because she left me playing with pots and kitchen utensils on the kitchen floor. I became bored so I decided to crawl under the kitchen table to sit with Miko. I just don't understand why I can't have some of Miko's food and water from her bowl, I share my food with Miko! Mommy screams everytime I crawl near Miko's placemat.

Po Po had a really nice birthday, she celebrated with family and friends. Mommy inadvertently dressed me just like daddy. We were twins! Of course some sort of gambling took place on Po Po's birthday but it was all for good fun, so Po Po says. Don't you think my Po Po look young for being 60?!

Sunday was our time to rest. Daddy woke up early so he can help mommy dig out all her Christmas decorations. This year mommy said we'll put up the small Charlie Brown Christmas trees. Everyone have their own tree this year. Just like the bears have their own bed to their porportion in the book Goldilock and The Three Bears. Daddy's large tree has dressed with gingerbread men and santa claus. Mommy has a medium White House ornament tree. My tree is the best! a little tree with a garland made of mittens, hats and all sorts of winter gear. Little snowmen ornaments adorned my little tree. Mommy tried to take pictures of Miko and me in the same frame but no such luck. Neither Miko nor I would stay still. In the pictures we were together neither of us looked at her at the same time. Then mommy decided to take a video of us hanging out in front of the Christmas trees but then Miko threw up.

Phew, it was a whirlwind of a Thanksgiving weekend. A really great first turkey weekend, nevertheless.

No comments: