Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mapping Out Adrian's Childhood


The longer I do this Mom thing, the more I realize that no two Moms do things exactly alike. For example, many Moms record their child’s childhood in a baby book. Other Moms squirrel away their baby’s clothes, socks, and shoes to help them remember just how small tiny really is. Others spend their child’s childhood double-fisting it with a video camera in one hand and a trusty digital camera in the other-this is somewhat us. While I've been off on vacation this past week and a half I've decided I also would like to capture Adrian's childhood with a map of the world.

Travel has always equaled memories for Zac and me, so this past week we applied for Adrian's passport and we will hang a map of the world on our fridge. Each time we visit a new country with him, we'll color it in on the map. Visits to family and friends quickly took care of Texas. A soon to be planned spring trip to Minnesota will soon balance out the southern state. We also have plans to expand the coloring to reflect future international travels. A trip to Mexico is in the works.

Although the thought of packing up my now extremely mobile baby and heading out on the road sometimes makes us wonder about our own sanity, we wouldn’t trade the memories for anything in the world.

No comments: