Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday Morning-When Mommy Learns To Let Go





The walls at JW Tumbles are padded. The floor is soft. The exercising apparatus has a fluffy POOF pillow under it. And shoes are a definite no-no. This is not the nuthouse in Ashburn - this is where I learn to let go. I learned a valuable lesson from little man and the dozen other baggy-butted toddlers at JW Tumbles. Children, apparently, are not made of whipped cream. More importantly, I realized that Adrian will become a much more independent individual during his all-important formative years without us surgically attached to him. I took advantage of the fact that JW Tumbles is a safe haven for small children who have a place to learn about the importance of friendship, physical activity, arts and music. BTW, I was so proud that little man patiently waited his turn to ride on the electric train today, I think we as parents are doing something right!!! :)

No comments: