Sunday, May 24, 2009

DC In a Whim








Adrian went in the city today. We wanted to show him dinosaurs in the Natural History Museum. More and more I find myself forgetting things -- little things and big things. Now, I know that post-kid forgetfulness is normal and nothing to worry about but it really can make a girl wonder what exactly happened to that well-rested, focused pre-pregnancy brain I used to take for granted. I forget it is Biker's week and on top it's Memorial Day weekend, traffic is unbareable during this time of the year. We've got to program this into our brain for future reference...avoid DC during high tourist season. In spite of the traffic chaos I did feel in awe among all the patriots during this patriotic weekend. I was honored to be present while the flags flown and the bikers paraded in our capital...I felt the pride in our country. With that said, once we had the parking situation settled the rest of the time was fun. I'm glad little man had the opportunity to see the dinosaurs after all and plenty other exhibits in the museum. We even had a nice walk/pigeon chase on the National Mall before heading home.

p.s. don't worry, Adrian wasn't about to chase the pigeons into the streets, the street was closed for biker's parade. Yikes, we're not neglectful parents...most of the time!

p.p.s to those who thinks I don't feed little man enough. He eats all the time...I have pictures now to prove he's constantly stuffing his face with food.

No comments: